Botanic Chambers Terrace in Adelaide
Botanic Chambers, Adelaide
Expressions of Interest
Botanic Chambers is a group of seven Victorian Italianate terrace houses which adjoin the Botanic Hotel. They were designed by architect Michael McMullen and built for Richard Vaughan in 1876 – 1877. Mr. Vaughan founded the East-End Market in nearby Rundle Street, and had also developed several other hotels and villas, including the Kensington Hotel.
The Botanic Hotel was originally built without balconies, as seen below. The verandahs were added in 1897.
Throughout the early 1900s, many of the terraces were used as doctors’ clinics. They had been used for almost two decades as quarters for nurses at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, which is across the street. In the 1950s they were made available as serviced offices for businessmen.
The terraces are State Heritage listed.
This 4-Bedroom terrace is on 210 sqm block of land with rear lane access. It is across the street from the Royal Adelaide Hospital and the Botanic Gardens.
Listing information and images via Realestate.com.au