Ivy Grange, Kew, Melbourne
Ivy Grange has had several different uses over the past 149 years, but has only been the private residence to three families – the Vickers, Beaths and Lawlors.
Architect Charles Vickers built the basalt and cream brick gothic-style home as his personal residence in 1864. It was sold in 1873 to merchant David Beath, who named it Ivy Grange. Mr. Beath added the tower wing in 1877, and further additions were made by firm Reed, Henderson & Smart in 1885. Read the rest of this entry »